Where can I purchase Made Beautiful products?
Made Beautiful products can be purchased in-store at your local Sally Beauty, Walgreens, and Ricky’s locations, as well as online at bymadebeautiful.com, sallybeauty.com, and walgreens.com. Please click here to find your favorite collection at an authorized retailer near you. Please note that some unauthorized retailers may sell our products on Amazon, Ebay or other third party sites. If the re-seller is not listed on our authorized retailer page, please be cautious as you may be purchasing illegitimate or used product.
Can I receive free samples of Made Beautiful products?
We currently do not offer samples of Made Beautiful products.
Why are sulfates, parabens, silicones, phthalates, DEA, or synthetic dyes bad for my hair?
According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG) and other ingredient research, parabens, sulfates, silicones, phthalates, DEA, and synthetic dyes may be harmful for the following reasons:
Sulfates are harsh, synthetic surfactants used to dissolve dirt and oil —
Concerns: Can cause scalp irritation, follicle inflammation, and cause hair to become dry and dull.
Silicones are lightweight, synthetic, petroleum-derived polymers that coat the hair cuticle to lock out frizz and enhance shine –
Concerns: Excessive build up and “clogging” of the hair cuticle that prevents hair from absorbing nutrient-rich ingredients.
Phthalates are chemicals used to stabilize synthetic fragrances –
Concerns: Potential reproductive and developmental toxicity.
Paragons are synthetic preservatives meant to inhibit bacteria growth and extend the shelf life of products –
Concerns: Scientific studies that may indicate a link between paraben ingestion and certain types of cancers.
Artificial Fragrances & Dyes
Artificial Fragrances & Dyes are synthetic agents used to cosmetically tint and enhance product scent –
Concerns: Can cause scalp irritation and can be problematic for those with allergies or sensitive skin and eyes.
Are your products organic?
Several of our products contain organic ingredients, however, none of our products are certified organic.
Some of your products list alcohol as an ingredient. Why do you use alcohol and is it harmful to my hair?
While it’s common knowledge that alcohol can be drying, many fail to realize that not all alcohols are bad for your hair. The fatty alcohols found in Made Beautiful products are used as moisturizing and thickening agents, and contribute towards enhancing your hair’s natural softness, shine, and repairability.
Can I mix and match Made Beautiful products across the collections?
We’ve crafted the very best products to deliver optimum results, and encourage you to tailor a hair care regimen across all of our collections that fits your needs.
What hair types is Made Beautiful meant for?
Made Beautiful is suitable for all hair types and textures.
I’ve noticed alphanumeric codes (1A – 4C) on your products. What does this signify?
- Type 1A hair is described as fine, very thin and soft with a noticeable shine.
- Type 1B hair is medium-textured and has more body than Type 1A hair.
- Type 1C hair is the most resistant to curly styling and relatively coarse compared to other Type 1 hair types.
- Type 2A hair is fine and thin. It is relatively easy to handle from a styling perspective because it can easily be straightened or curled.
- Type 2B hair characteristically has waves that tend to adhere to the shape of your head.
- Type 2C hair will frizz easily and it is fairly coarse.
- Type 3A hair is very shinny and loose.
- Type 3B hair has a medium amount curls, ranging from bouncy ringlets (spiral like curls of hair) to tight corkscrews (spiral-shaped corkscrew curls).
- Type 3C hair is defined as tight curls or coils that look like corkscrews.
- Type 4A hair is full of tight coils. It has a “S” pattern when stretched, much like Type 3 curly hair.
- Type 4B hair has a less defined pattern of curls and looks more like a “Z” as the hair bends with very sharp angles.
- Type 4C hair is composed of strands that will almost never clump without the use of styling techniques. Type 4C hair can range from fine, thin, soft to coarse with densely packed strands. Some say Type 4c coils look identical to 4b except that the curls are tightly kinked with less definition. Tighter coily hair can shrink more than 75%.
Does Made Beautiful play an active role in community or charitable affairs?
Made Beautiful is proud to sponsor Girl Be Heard (GBH), a nonprofit theatre company that brings global issues affecting girls center stage by empowering young women to tell their stories. Together, we envision a world in which every girl is valued, and encouraged to be a leader and change maker. <Click here; MB’s GBH page> for more information.
How can I have Made Beautiful contribute to my upcoming event?
Please send event details and sponsorship opportunities to email@example.com for review and consideration. Please note all request should be remitted a minimum 30 days in advance.
What should I do if I’ve forgotten the username / password to my bymadebeautiful.com account?
In the case that you forget your forget your account information, please visit the https://bymadebeautiful.com/my-account/ page. Once there, select the “Lost Your Password?” link and enter the email address associated with your account. Instructions on resetting your account will be sent to you via email.
Should you have any further issues, feel free to contact customer support.
How much do you charge for shipping?
Shipping costs vary based on the size & weight of your order, as well as the ship-to location.
Do you ship internationally?
At this time, we do not ship internationally. Stay tuned for updates.
Which shipping carrier do you use?
Our packages are shipped via the major U.S. carriers: USPS, FedEx, and UPS.
How soon can I expect to receive my order after it’s placed?
Order are processed within 2 business days. Shipping is 7-10 business days after processing. Be advised that our shipping department is closed on all major holidays, and the shipping can take an additional 7-14 days during any Made Beautiful promotions ales.
What forms of payment do you accept online?
We accept all major credit cards and debit cards. We do not currently accept PayPal.
How do I know if my order has been received?
You will receive an email confirmation once your order is placed.
How do I change or cancel my order?
To change or cancel your order, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A representative will be in touch within 24 hours to process your request.
Who can I contact if I have any questions about my order?
Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-878-3160